Eye shadow lipstick color is something I have been wanting to try for ages. I had this deep red eye shadow which I had thought would make the perfect color so I decided to give it a try.
What I liked best was the depth of color and that it had real staying power after it was applied. It didn’t tend to rub off or leave as much on the side of a glass as normal lipstick does.
Eye shadow lipstick color instructions
- Well this is pretty simple, you basically need to put eye shadow on your lips but it’s not quite as easy as that. The first and most important step is to pick the color that you want to use. I chose this gorgeous deep red shimmer color that I had in an old eye shadow palette.
- As with all good lip color, it is best if you use a pencil around the outside and inside the lips to ensure even and good color depth. Any color should do as long as it is similar, (see my review of a great lip color pencil here).
- It’s then important to get something to help it stick, I used a basic lip gloss but you could use vaseline or any other lip gloss that you have.
- I tried to use an eye shadow brush to apply but it actually didn’t work so well, so I used that applicator that comes with eye shadow that I never use. It’s the foam based one which actually worked quite well.
- You need to really the color a number of times to get the depth that you need. You just keep going until you have that even coverage.
I used a tissues to do a really light lip mash at the end just to help it even out and get rid of any parts that had a bit too much shadow. I only used one deep color for this but might try a lighter color or blend next time. It was easy to do and worked out great.
Eye shadow lipstick color photos